FAQ Companies and Groups
Company: Add a company
Question: How do I add my company to Youlcee?
As there is a cost involved for companies to subscribe, you should first of all be authorised by your company to sign a contract. The actual cost depends on the company-module, the number of employees and the amount the company wants to sponsor each employee.
More information can be found in the Terms & Conditions
In order to subscribe your company - fill out the template and we will contact you as soon as possible and send you the information in more detail.
Question: Does it make sense for a small company to subscribe?
It depends on the amount of motivated employees.
If you have more than 5 employees willing to commit to their challenge - then it surely makes sense to subscribe. If you will have difficulties finding 3 employees to open a challenge, you will be better of by sponsoring your employees without setting up a company in the system. It will be cheaper by supporting the individual challenges (when sponsoring them, use the companyname as alias). But the disadvantage will be that your company will not appear in any of the overviews.
Question: Can I start a group instead of a company for my employees (and avoid the subscription fee)?
Yes you can. But it has the following implications;
- each employee will have to pay for a challenge start-up
- there is no automated sponsoring of the employees by the company
- anyone can link his challenge to your group. If unwanted, you will need to remove it manually
- it is possible to unlink a challenge from a group. This is not possible with a company setup
But be careful: using a group might put your company in a bad daylight. It does not indicate the right level of support and implication towards your employees.
Question: Can i only get a one-year contract?
Yes, we only set up companies for a year. During that year, all employees of the company can start up a challenge by using the company coupon. After the one-year period the contract can be prolonged with a year or can be stopped.
When the contract has ended, the company coupon will be deactivated and no new challenges can be linked to the company. The open challenges created via a company coupon will remain open until the challenger will close his or her challenge.
Company: Silver, Gold and Platinum Module
Question: What is the difference between the 3 different modules?
A company can enroll in one of the three modules.
The Silver module is the most simple one:
- You can load your description and logo on the company page.
- With this module, the company takes over the registration costs of its staff. In return, the employees connect their challenge to the company.
- However, there is no report available and it is not possible to sponsor staff automatically .
The Golden module has various extra's available:
- You can automatically sponsor your employees.
- In addition to automatically to the logo and descrition, you can add a link to your coprorate website
- A handy quarterly report with clear information - perfect for your internal company communication
The Platinum module has got the following extras included:
- the possibility of splitting the company pages into departments (to allow some fun competition between different offices, locations or departments within your company)
- a monthly report with clear figures (external report: how does the company performs in comparison to other companies) (internal report: review how the departments perform in relation to each other)
Question: As of what module will i get a reporting?
For the Silver module there is no reporting foreseen.
For the Gold module there is a quarterly reporting foreseen. This report will show the performance of the different employees within the company
For the Platinum module there is a Monthly reporting foreseen. This report will show both the performance of the different employees within the company as the performance of your company in comparison to other participating companies.
Company: Manage a company
Question: What am i supposed to do as a Company-Admin?
The admin role shouldn't be too time-consuming. The following actions are required when starting up a company.
- ensure the company information is up to date (like logo, description, background picture and link to the company website)
- ensure the employees are informed about the participation of the company
- inform the employees about the company code they should use when creating a challenge (in case of a platinum module - the code changes per sub-company)
Question: Can i transfer the Admin-role to a colleague?
In order to change the admin of a company, the following steps need to be taken:
- The person replacing you needs to create a profile
- You need to fill out the template with the following information: Your emailaddress and name, the emailaddress of your replacement and the name of your Company.
Upon receipt, we will replace the administrator
Question: Is it possible to have multiple Company Admins?
This is only possible with a Platinum module. In a Platinum module it is possible to create sub-companies and each subcompany can have its own administrator.
It is not possible to have multiple administrators for a Silver or Gold company or for a single subcompany
Company: Social media
Question: How do I post my company information on Social Media?
To post your challenge on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn, you must first be logged on
- Now select the "My Groups, Companies and Events" Tab in the Personal (green) menu
- Select the edit button next to the company for which you want to create a post
- Within the company you wil now see the links to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn or theURL you can use to mail.
Company: end of Contract
Question: What happens after the contract finished?
After the contract ended, it will not be possible for your employees to start up a new challenge. The existing challenges will remain open for maximally another year. Once all challenges are closed, the final results will get displayed. These results will remain visible, even after the expiration of the contract.
Before the expiration of the contract, the Youlcee team will contact you for an eventual prolongiation of the contract.
Question: What will happen with the remaining credits?
If your company has decided to sponsor its employees, it is possible that some workers do not or partially succeed in their challenge.
As a corporate admin, these credits will get returned on your account. These credits can be donated to other challengers.
If at the end of the contract, credits have not been allocated and there are no open challenges linked to the company, it is possible for these credits to be allocated to a test challenge. This challenge will get marked s100% succesful and the money will be automatically donated to charity.
Groups: Start a Group
Question: Can I create a group and are there costs involved?
Yes, you can create one or more groups and there are no costs related to it.
But creationg a group wthout any challenge linked to it hasn't got much of an added value. You're better off with just one group with multiple people joining, as your group will then appear in the overviews.
Groups: Manage a Group
Question: Can i transfer the ownership of my group to a friend?
In order to change the admin of a group, the following steps need to be taken:
- The person replacing you needs to create a profile
- You need to fill out the template on the CONTACT US page with the following information: Your emailaddress and name, the emailaddress of your replacement and the name of your Group.
We will change then the admin role
Question: As an admin, can I delete a Challenge from my Group?
Unfortunatly for now, you can't delete the challenge yourself. This might change in the future where the admin can do it him- or herself
So better to avoid these situation by mentioning in the description of the group wha can (and can not) link the challenge to your group. This will make it easier for people to understand if they are welcome in your group.
If a challenge still gets linked and you want it to be removed, you can request youlcee to delete the challenge on your behalf. You need to fill out the template on the ABOUT US page. Don't forget to mention your name, the name of the group and the challenge you want to have removed. (name of the challenger and ID number of the challenge - if you click on the challenge you will find the ID-number in the URL)
We will remove the challenge from your Group.
Groups: Social media
Question: How do I post my Group on Social Media?
To post your challenge to Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn, you must be logged on first
- Now select the "MY GROUPS,COMPANIES AND EVENTS" Tab in the Personal (green) menu
- Select the edit button next to the group you want to post
- Within the group you wil now see the links to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn or the path to your challenge you can use to mail.
As from here you can post directly to Social media
Groups: Complete a Group
Question: Can I close a group?
For the time being it is not possible to close a group. It is possible to cumulate all efforts over the years.
In Phase 2 we will allow the group-admins to close their groups. Closing a group will mean that it is not possible to add a new challenge. However all open challenges linked to it will remain open until the challenger closes it.