How it works
Start a challenge
Everyone has a challenge. Which one is yours?
Most probably you already have something in mind that you would like to achieve. Some people will have:
a physical challenge - like lose some weight, quit smoking, run a marathon or learn to swim,
a mental challenge - like pass an examination, get a driving licence or participate at a chess-competition
an environmental challenge - like eat vegetarian or only bio-food or reduce your ecological footprint
- ACCOUNT: Create an account via Facebook or by using an emailaddress. The creation of an account is free of charge. But do note that the for the creation of a challenge 10 € will be charged.
- CHALLENGE: Define your challenge or select the Event you would like to participate at. If the event is not available you can create it yourself. A Challenge can last for maximally a year. A challenge should look like :
- I > Will (not) > do something > on day 1 or
- I > Will (not) > do something > before day 1or
- I > Will (not) > do something > between day 1 and day 2
- HERO or SUPERHERO: Determine how serious you want to commit to your challenge by selecting one of the following modes
HERO = Each % counts. If you completed 60% of your challenge, 60% will get transferred to the charity organisation and 40% will return to your sponsors as credits on the website.
SUPERHERO = The "All or Nothing" principle Only if you succeed, the money will get transferred to the charity organisation. Otherwise the money will return to your sponsors as credits on the website.
Choose a Charity Project
Choose a Charity Project you care about
- CHARITY PROJECT: The next action is to select a charity organisation that appeals to you. You can filter on location of the project or the type of Charity work (Environmental protection, International Aid,...).
Select one of the availble projects and - when your challenge has been completed succesfully - the sponsored money will get transferred to this Charity organistation. Money will only get transferred after completion of your challenge.
A Charity project will have either an enddate or a budget. After the enddate expired or if the budget has been met, it will not be possible to link your challenge to this project.
- PAYMENT: Upon selection of the Charity project you will be prompted to pay 10 €. In return you will receive your dedicated webpage that allows you to organise a digital sponsoring of your challenge. If the company you are working subscribed to Youlcee, they will send you a coupon-code that you can use here. By using the coupon, the company will take over your subscription fee. As a consequence, your challenge will get linked to the company you are working for.
Search for sponsors
Share your challenge on social media and search for sponsors
As of now your challenge has been created and loaded on the website. meaning that your friends, family or visitors can sponsor your Challenge.
In order to inform your friends and family about your challenge, you can share it via
The link they will receive will lead them directy to your challenge on the Youlcee website. They are one-click away from sponsoring you now. You are the only person that can share your challenge through Social Media. A visitor can see your story but can't share it on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn
There are additional ways to attract attention:
- when creating a new Challenge, it will pop up on top of the list. As such any visitor will see your challenge first
- each time you add an update in your Challenge, your challenge will pop-up on top of the overview
- your challenge will pop-up on top of the overview again, for each new donation you received
- when closing the Challenge it will appear a last time in the overview
By making regular updates, informing your visitors on the progress you are making, you will probably attract more sponsors. So keep it going!
Reach your goal
Reach your goal and the funds raised will go to the Charity Project
On the last day of your challenge, you will receive a mail asking to close your challenge by marking the level of success.
If you selected previously the HERO mode, you can mark the succeslevel in Percentage. If you lost 7 out of the 10 kilo, you mark the challenge as 70% successful. Upon confirmation, the challenge will get closed and 70% of the donated money will go to the charity project. 30% will return to the sponsors (as credits on the website).
If you selected the SUPERHERO mode, you can mark your challenge either as successful or not successful. If marked successful, all money will get transferred to the Charity project. If marked as not Successful, all money will return to your Sponsors (as credits on the website).
If you do not close your challenge within 21 days after the enddate, your challenge will get marked automatically as no succesful